Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A rough start

I hate to pump gas. We all jumped in the car to head for school the beginning of last week. The little bell went off to indicate it was time to get gas. It had been going off for days...I just kept thinking it will make it a little farther. I knew it was time though and was going to stop on the way to school. As we headed for school the car started sputtering. I begged...just a little farther PLEASE! Well, we only made it as far as the Courthouse half way through town. I sat there cursing myself for putting off the trip to get gas. What to do now? I was in my slippers, some of Beaux's clothes, crazy hair and yesterday's makeup and I had not brushed my teeth. Not unlike many other mornings. I saw a car coming that looked like Shannon King's so I jumped out to wave her down. It wasn't Shannon, but it was someone I knew and she asked if the kids needed a ride. "Yes, please". Then Emma and I got out of the van to walk for help to my great embarrassment and shame! I only had to go a block to our mechanic's shop. Luckily Dan had about a dollars worth of gas in a tank that would get me to the station. Do you know how embarrassing it is to run out of gas on Main Street as a grown woman?...and then add the crazy clothes I was wearing and the fact that all the other parents were bringing their kids to school too! I just hung my head in shame doing my best not to make eye contact with the cars passing by, because if I didn't know how many people saw me I could pretend they didn't. That worked all the way until I got to the bank and one of the tellers mentioned seeing me stranded along side the road. She said " I thought you looked totally hot, but I could tell you hadn't brushed your teeth" Thank you. Please rub salt in my wound. =} She was teasing ofcoarse.





The week got better though. Friday we went to Beaux's game in Colton. They lost, but he played with a smile on his face and had a good time and made some points and pulled down a lot of rebounds.





Saturday the kids pooled their money and bought themselves a go cart. It really zooms! It is so funny to hear them giggling and yelling while they are speeding off.







Football and Basketball season have kept Beaux from coming home on weekends a lot. Thankfully b-ball is nearly over. Sometimes Beaux just has other plans to spend time with friends. Friday I was expecting him to come home with us, but he had other plans. Since he is a senior we have granted him freedom. More than I would like. So he didn't come home. I miss him so much and I hear the clock ticking very loudly counting down the time he has left with us. This is the change of a season for him and he will soon be on his own. I laid in bed crying Sunday morning thinking of wasted time I couldn't get back. I have vowed not to give him guilt trips about it or to nag or beg. Last night he called just to talk. It melted my heart. There have been many things he has done and said lately that have reassured us that he will be alright. Teenagers do come to their senses and I see my sweet little Beaux again.


Sunday after church we headed to Riverbend for a "long explore" and s'mores. The explore was not very long due to the cold weather and we gathered around the fire to keep warm. There is a peace there, a quiet, like being able to breath again. It is good for our souls and we can handle another busy week ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment